Did you know that using the wrong cleaning products to minimize allergies like dust mites, pet dander, and mold can actually be making your allergies symptoms worse?
Read on to find out more on which products are making your allergies worse and a solution that I found when my young son was sick with allergies and asthma.
So first you need to know which cleaning products worsen allergy symptoms, Right?
According to James L. Sublett, MD, who is a managing partner of Family Allergy and Asthma in Louisville, Kentucky says, ” While you should be careful with any cleaning product, Avoid anything that has strong noxious odors, such as ammonia, and products that produce particulates, including air fresheners and anything that comes in an aerosol can.”
Aerosol spray cleaners like Pledge, and Glade cross them off your shopping list.
- Aerosol cleaners can trigger allergy symptoms.
- Two Australian studies found that many common household cleaners give off fumes, which can potentially increase the risk of developing asthma in children.
- These studies also found that weekly use of cleaning sprays was linked to increases in rates of asthma, asthma-medication use, and wheezing.
- Even worse cleaning more frequently with aerosol cleaners was associated with greater risk of asthma, more asthma-medication use, and wheezing.
So How Common is Asthma in Children:
- Asthma is the leading cause of chronic illness in children
- Asthma affects about 7 million children in the US and is steadily increasing…
- Asthma can begin at any age (even in the very elderly) but most children have their first symptoms by age 5.
Of course one of the first things you do as a mom that has a child that has allergies and asthma is you make sure you dust, vacuum and clean your house every day to keep the allergens down.
Or at least that's what I did when I found out that my youngest son had bad allergies and asthma.
The only problem was I didn't know that the cleaning products that I was cleaning my home with was why my son had allergies and asthma in the first place….
Until I became an educated consumer!!!!
So Here Are Some Interesting Facts About the Company that I Use to Use for My House Cleaning and Air Fresh Products.
- Did you know that SC Johnson's Pledge Dust and Allergen is labeled “Reduce allergens while dusting?”
- But here's what they don't tell you is that test results show that it actually contains the allergens limonene and DL-citronello!….
- Don't you think that's something people using this product would like to know?!!!
- This is why it's so important to know what we are spraying in our homes, especially when it comes to chemicals linked to allergies, cancer, and reproductive harm.
Studies are increasingly showing chemicals in fragrances and aerosol cleaning products are harming our health particularly the health of women and children.
Here are just a couple of examples of how these fragrances and aerosol cleaning products are harming our families' health:
One study of pregnant women showed a link between the use of fragrance products and aerosol sprays an increase in headaches and depression in the mothers, as well as ear infections and diarrhea in their babies.
Certain hormones disrupting chemicals found in fragrances and aerosol cleaning products can have a significant lifelong effects on reproductive health developments like galaxolide and tonalide (detected in our blood, breast milk, and even newborns) and phthalates (linked to reproductive harm in baby boys).
This is how SC Johson Company handled concerns from their customers wanting to know what ingredients were in their cleaning products?
- When SumofUS.org delivered almost 52,000 signatures from consumers demanding increased ingredient disclosure to SC Johnson Company.
- They did not even bother to reply to one single email-despite the fact that the company touts that “As a family company, listening and responding to consumers is SC Johnson's top priority.”
- In Fact SC Johnson's only response has been this: “Consumers have a choice whether or not to buy products that contain fragrance.”
- So basically, if you don't like, it tough!!!! (Because they think they are the only consumer's choice of household cleaning products)
But there is anther choice for educated consumers like you and me….
By CLICKING HERE, I would like to give you that choice of safer, more effective, and natural cleaning products.
I will get you the information to an American Wellness Manufacturing Company that has manufactured safe, effective natural cleaning products and gives full disclosure in the their product ingredient labeling..
Talk to you soon,
farm gal & mom who educates moms on how they can have a safer healthier home & body.